Friday, August 23, 2013

{words} love something.

"Perhaps loving something is the only starting place there is for making your life your own."
~Alice Koller

What do you love?
If you were given time to do absolutely anything you want, money being no matter, what would you do?
For me it would be travel. I absolutely LOVE seeing new places and exploring this world we've been given.

But, sadly, money is usually a matter. 
So my heart is content to sit quietly in a comfy chair with a hot cup of vanilla chai latte, or even a simple cup of coffee, and a good book.
I also enjoy painting. I'm not super great at it, I'm really just a beginner, but I enjoy it just the same.
I decorate our home. Sometimes I go out and buy things to add...most of the time, I just rearrange what I've got.
Sometimes, I just cuddle up with the dogs and take a nap.
I am a calm person and I thrive on quiet activities.

It's in these moments that I am allowing myself to be ...well, me.

We all have to work. That's just the way it is. If you aren't one of those lucky people that works by doing whatever it  is that they love... then you must fill your all alone, quiet (or maybe not so quiet) times with things that you truly love. 
If you don't, then you will be cheating yourself out of a life that is truly yours. Not your boss's, not your spouse's, not your children's...but yours.

find what makes you, you. make time for it, and embrace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment